What print options do I have?
It depends on your order quantity. Screen printing in CMYK is available for smaller orders, while flexographic printing is more cost-effective for orders above 10,000 units. Both options allow you to print on either one side or both in multiple colours. But keep in mind that you can only print with a maximum of two colours with flexographic printing and that the colours need to be the same on both sides.
What sizes are available?
There are 8 sizes to choose from:
- 165 x 215 mm (outer) | 145 x 215 mm (inner)
- 185 x 175 mm (outer) | 165 x 175 mm (inner)
- 195 x 265 mm (outer) | 175 x 265 mm (inner)
- 235 x 265 mm (outer) | 215 x 265 mm (inner)
- 235 x 340 mm (outer) | 215 x 340 mm (inner)
- 285 x 360 mm (outer) | 265 x 360 mm (inner)
- 315 x 445 mm (outer) | 295 x 445 mm (inner)
- 365 x 470 mm (outer) | 345 x 470 mm (inner)
Can I have my envelopes printed in more than one colour?
Sure. But there are a few things to consider. First up, flexographic printing is only available with two print colours. But regardless of the printing method, we recommend sticking to a maximum of 2-3 colours. The outer paper layer is designed to be durable and one byproduct is that the surface is not as smooth as standard paper. This complicates things when it comes to printing. Plus, print colours on dark backgrounds, like the brown here, can appear not as sharp. Less intricate designs and muted tones work best on these envelopes.
What’s the print area?
The print area depends on the envelope size. Here’s a list of sizes and their respective print areas for each side:
- Size: 165 x 215 mm (outer) | Print area: 125 x 195 mm
- Size: 185 x 175 mm (outer) | Print area: 125 x 115 mm
- Size: 195 x 265 mm (outer) | Print area: 175 x 255 mm
- Size: 235 x 265 mm (outer) | Print area: 215 x 255 mm
- Size: 235 x 340 mm (outer) | Print area: 215 x 330 mm
- Size: 285 x 360 mm (outer) | Print area: 250 x 340 mm
- Size: 315 x 445 mm (outer) | Print area: 270 x 423 mm
- Size: 365 x 470 mm (outer) | Print area: 310 x 453 mm
Will address labels stick to these paper padded mailers?
Yes. The durable outer layer paper has just the right texture for labels to firmly adhere to the surface.
Do these mailers come with an adhesive strip?
Sure. All our padded envelopes include an easy peel-and-seal adhesive strip.
Are these envelopes padded on both interior sides?
Yes. Our paper padded envelopes are sandwiched with padding on the bottom and top interior layers.
Are these paper padded envelopes waterproof?
The outer layer is water-resistant but not waterproof. That means that the envelopes can take some rain during transit and your goods should remain dry.
What is the minimum order quantity?
Orders start at 5,000 pieces. The envelopes are delivered by the box with 50 envelopes each, except for the smallest size, which comes in 100 envelopes per box.
Subscribe for promotions, special offers and news from the packaging industry.
You're now subscribed!